Well my excuse for not blogging right away is because it was Eid this past weekend… well week. Now that we’re married, we celebrate Eid one day at my parents’ house and one day at his parent’s house #firstworldproblems. So a lot of you have been asking about my cheesecake recipe! Well it’s your lucky day because I am going to share it with you! First off, unfortunately it’s not my own home made recipe (thanks Laura Vitale) BUT I changed it around a little so it’s more so my style. Let’s get started!
For the graham cracker crust (the best part), you will need:
– 1 ¼ cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs (If you want a chocolate base, use Oreo’s crumbled up into fine pieces)
– 6 tbsp of butter, melted
– ¼ cup of sugar
For the cheesecake, you will need:
-5 8oz packages of Philadelphia cream cheese at room temperature (seriously let this sit out for hours or the recipe will not work)
-1 cup of sour cream (not necessary at all unless you like the tangy taste)
– Zest of 1 BIG lemon (or no lemon if you do not like lemons)
– A pinch of salt
– 1 tsp of Vanilla extract (the real kind!)
– 2 cups of sugar
– ¼ cup of All Purpose Flour
For the topping , you will need (heres a few options):
A) Berry topping
-3/4 of a cup of Raspberry Jam
-Fresh Berries (I used raspberries and blackberries but you can use whatever you have at home)
B) Oreo topping
-Chocolate Sauce (you can melt your favorite milk chocolate on the stove at a very low heat)
-Oreos! Decorate them however you like!
C) Strawberry topping
– ¾ of a cup of Strawberry Jam
– Fresh cut strawberries that you can slice all over your cheesecake
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- Using cooking spray, spray your spring form pan all over (you can use butter too, but I think that’s pushing it)
- Set it aside while you make the graham cracker crust. Pour all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix it together until you get a sand like mixture. Pour the mixture into the pan and evenly spread it out using your hands. (It doesn’t have to go up the sides of the pan, just at the bottom)
- Grab your mixer… put ALL the cheesecake ingredients into the bowl and mix on low speed. Do not over mix or you will get air into the filling. Mix it just until you have a smooth texture.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and evenly smooth it out. Put it in the oven for an hour and 20 minutes to be exact. When you take it out, let it cool for at least 3 hours. Pop it into the fridge overnight.
- The next day, take your cheesecake out of the spring form pan and put it on your serving platter. It is now time to decorate!
- On low heat, put your raspberry jam into a pan for about a minute. The purpose of this is to get it to be a little runny and easier to spread. After you let it cool for a few minutes, pour it onto your cheesecake and then top with all the berries in the world!
I dont have the best picture posted but I hope you guys love it! Check out Laura Vitale for other recipes, she’s seriously my number one fave! Show me pictures of what you have made and comment below!