When the weather outside is gloomy and you’re feeling down, the best way to get your mood back up into gear is by throwing on your favorite outfit and walking out of that door with all the confidence in the world.
Dressing up every day is very good for you because of many reasons. For starters, you feel beyond amazing, you are more approachable, you perform better, you are positive, and you become more confident! You never know who you may bump into that day at the office, whether it’s a CEO or a higher level executive, you could even run into an old enemy and I’m sure you want to look your BEST for that one, and lastly who knows? What if you meet a dashing tall dark and handsome stranger on the street car? You truly never know who you will meet or bump into and that’s why first impressions are always super important.
People even treat you differently when you are well dressed up as opposed to wearing old raggedy worn out clothes, they think differently of you. In an office setting, you can be seen as someone who is intelligent and ready for the day as opposed to someone who looks like they don’t care about their job or the company.
In conclusion, dressing up every day not only boosts your self-confidence and self-esteem but it also allows for great first impressions and a positive outlook for the day. Below you will find 5 reasons why you should dress up every day:
- It puts on your A Game – By dressing up daily, you feel confident and ready to conquer the world! You are more positive, happy and confident!
- It’s Fun – Who doesn’t love to dress up? Heck, we used to play dress up as kids! Why play dress up now when you actually CAN dress up. Find your style, match up items you never would before and get out of your comfort zone. Planning your weekly outfits is always fun! (well at least for me it is)
- First Impressions – “Dress for the job you want, not the job you have” – I am sure you have heard this quote before. Remember that you never know who you will meet that day, always dress to impress!
- Self-Expression – Fashion is a method of self-expression. People understand who you are by how you are dressed.
- Routine – By Dressing up daily, you are making a routine which is always a positive factor in life. The night before, you are laying out your clothes and ready to take on the next day. A routine is a wonderful way to get your day started; you will feel energized and awake and prepared for what’s ahead in your day.
I hope this blog post was a boost of confidence for the rest of the week! I know that sometimes we aren’t in the mood, especially with this gloomy weather in Toronto but that 5 minutes it takes to dress up switches around your whole day!
Always dress like you are going to see your worst enemy – Kimora Lee Simmons