Random right? Not beauty or fashion related but it seems to be an app that most of us use every single day, throughout the day so I thought, why the hell not.
Ohh Snap Chat – I love it but sometimes… no! I will not start this blog post off on a negative note so let’s start off with the positives!
1. Staying in touch – Snap Chat is an easy way to see what your friends/family are up to without having to write much. Visuals are always my fave and without having to make meaningless conversation, you can get straight to the point with just a picture of what you’re up to/what you’re about to eat/where you’re travelling etc.
2. My Story – At first, I hardly used this tool of snap chat but when I started I realized it’s a great way to share certain things: recipes, DIY’s and even beauty looks. I’ve had a lot of people reach out to me telling me they’ve enjoyed my snap chat stories, whether it’s been recipes or me getting ready for a wedding! My snap chat story is also fun to look over at the end of the night (for me) – to see what I did, how many views, who’s been looking etc.
3. Knowing people on a different level – Ugly face competition? Pretty sure I win each and every time. No but seriously, some people put on a front and don’t share a lot on social media (which is totally fine) – but having snap chat lets you know someone on a totally different level, a more comfortable level and I laaaaaaike that!
4. (Insert city here) Life – I LOVE THIS. It really helps people understand other cultures and see other parts of the world in a different light. There is nothing negative about this, it’s actually pretty awesome.
(Oh man here we go)
1. SELFIE VIDEOS – I literally cannot deal. I hate this so much. There are a lot of people that send me videos of them posing and making a duck face – not a selfie though, a VIDEO. WHY?! Lord. I get it, YOU LOOK GREAT, so fabulous but does someone really need to watch a video of you posing :S This is not cool, and you need to stop.
2. STORIES – Those who send me the snaps that their adding to their story anyway… Why do you do this?! I’m probably going to look through the recent stories and see it anyway so what was the point of sending it to me (and others) separately? THERE WAS NO POINT. Side note: It’s also really irritating getting snaps of things that are irrelevant to me. I don’t need snaps of you hanging out with your friends that I do not know. That is just weird.
3. BLOGGERS/YOUTUBERS – Following SOME of my favorite bloggers/youtubers has unfortunately made me shy away from reading their posts/watching their videos. Some of them, I think, share another side of themselves which leads me to feel that they are annoying. I don’t want to get into specifics and/or talk shit buttttttt, I’ve stopped adding my favorite “celebrities” to snap chat because when I see a whole new side of them, it’s not necessarily true that I’ll like it. Disclaimer: not all of them are annoying but majority of them are.
4. Constantly SnapChatting – These are the folks that literally snap chat EVERYTHING. Oh, there’s a burger – PHONES OUT, oh someone is opening a present – PHONES OUT… WHY!? You don’t need to snap chat every moment of your life, just enjoy it and take the moment in. You won’t even remember half these memories because you’re too busy snapping them away.
Anyway, that’s my raw version of why I love and hate snap chat at the same time. Didn’t even bother editing it through to make sure no one gets offended becaaaause this is truly how I feel, and I’m sure others feel this way too J
Happy Wednesday (THE WEEK IS ALMOST OVER!!)